Here we bring you some information about family unification procedure in Slovakia.
Temporary residence for the purpose of family unification shall be granted for a third country national who is a
- family member if the third country national with temporary residence or with permanent residence;
- relative in a direct ascending line of a person granted asylum younger than 18 years of age; or
- dependent person in accordance with an international treaty.
Family member of a third country national is:
- a spouse, if the married couple is at least 18 years;
- a single child younger than 18 years of age of a third country national and his/her spouse;
- his/her single child younger than 18 years of age;
- a single child of his/her spouse younger than 18 years of age;
- his/her unattended single child older than 18 years of age or dependent single child older than 18 years of age of his/her spouse) who cannot take care of him/herself due to long term unfavourable health condition;
- his/her parent or a parent of his/her spouse who is dependent on his/her care and lacks appropriate family support in the country of origin.
A third country national who was granted temporary residence for the purpose of family unification can conduct business activities.
The application is deposited at Police for foreigners in Slovak language or at the closest Slovak embassy, you shall attach and have:
- a valid passport,
- 2 photos (3×3,5 cm)
- certificate of civil status in the case of a third country national who applies for temporary residence
- Criminal record from the country where you are citizen, and from the countries where
you had the residence for the last 3 years for more than 90 days
- document about residence ( it can be a contract from hotel about accommodation for at least 1 year, or you will submit a lease contract for at least 1 year, or you can buy an
apartment in Bratislava/ another city of Slovakia that you can later sell and you will present ownership certificate)
- financial guarantee for your stay ( or declaration of a family member where he states that he/ she will take care of you)
- administrative fee
The documents that will be deposited can not be older than 90 days. Shall be officially translated to Slovak. (apostile and judicial translation provided in Slovakia). Passport shall be valid, or shall have at least 6 months before its expiry.
When the permit is given, an applicant shall deposit a medical certificate issued in Slovakia and a certificate of health insurance.
We are glad to provide you our services.