Below are listed some of the most outstanding inventions invented by the Slovaks:
- The helicopter, the first prototype of a piloted and motorized helicopter was created in Slovakia by its inventor Ján Bahýľ. In 1894 he designed the construction of a human-powered helicopter, and a year later, in 1895 he obtained the patent for his invention. Later with the help of Anton Marshall they perfected his initial idea of the invention.
- The parachute, its builder and inventor was the Slovakian Štefan Banič, his idea was the result of the observation of a plane crash, which later materialized in the creation of a parachute based on the shape of an umbrella. In August 1914, he tested his invention in front of the United States Patent Office and he finally obtained a patent for the invention.
- The first hydraulic pump, with the name called “the water tower” was invented between 1736 and 1749 by the Slovak Jozef Karol Hell. In its time, this invention improved the performance of mines in Slovakia and today it is used for the petroleum extraction.
- The first artificial human arm in motion was created by the scientist and inventor Aurel Stodola in 1915. Later, the creation of leg and foot prostheses was based on his invention. This scientist stood out for laying the scientific foundations for the design and construction of steam and combustion turbines.
- The first prototype of a flying car is a current invention created by two co-founders of the Aeromobil team, Štefan Klein and Juraj Vaculík, who started designing their idea since the 90s.
Every sacrifice for the creation of an invention brings personal satisfaction, that is, as the famous inventor Nikola Tesla once said: “I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success …”
A small country with big inventions
We are glad to provide you our services.