a) Taxation of physical person
Which income will be taxed in Slovakia?
- Resident in Slovakia? (living there for min. 183 consecutive days over 12 months) You must pay tax on your worldwide income there.
- Not resident in Slovakia? You only pay tax on income earned there.
- Income from other EU countries? Check you never pay tax twice on the same income.
How much will you pay?
Income tax rates for 2015
Two rates apply:
- 19% on income up to 35 022,31 EUR
- 25% on income above 35 022,31 EUR
In calculating your taxable income, take account of any allowances or deductions for expenditure you are entitled to.
How and when do you pay?
- make monthly or quarterly advance payments (the amount of each should be the same as that paid in corresponding period in the previous year).
- file a tax return by March 31st every year.
How to appeal/complain
If you disagree with your tax assessment, you can appeal to the tax office.
b) Taxation of legal entity
The tax declaration is being deposited by 31. March for the previous year of income. The taxation of legal entities is 22% of the income (1x a year), and the VAT is 20% of income and can be a payer monthly or quarterly.
After one year of existence of the company there is given by law a minimum of tax to be paid for your income of the previous year / per legal entity/ that is 480 Eur/ per year , and 960 Eur for VAT payers / per year, but it can vary, and all is influenced by your annual income. Every case is special.
For further info about taxes please send your questions.
We are glad to provide you our services.