Temporary residence shall enable a third country national to stay, exit and re-enter the Slovak Republic territory during the period of time as specified by a police department.
Temporary residence for the purpose of business shall be granted maximum for three years to a third country national who
- conducts business or will be conducting business in the Slovak Republic territory as a natural person; or who
- acts or will be acting on behalf of a trading company or cooperative and he/she is not in a working relationship.
An application for the granting of temporary residence permit shall be submitted by a third country national in person abroad at a consulate or in the Slovak Republic territory at the police department, if he/she is legally residing there, on an official form.
According to the Article 33, par. 1 of the Act no. 404/2011 Coll. on Residence of Aliens, during the decision process of an application for the granting of temporary residence permit for the purpose of Business, also economic interests of the Slovak Republic are assessed (i.e. ENT – Economic Needs Test).
A third country national shall submit, together with an application
- two photographs of size 3 x 3,5 c
- valid travel document, and
- documents not older than 90 days which confirm:
a) the purpose of residence:
- business plan,
- a trade license certificate, or
- a document confirming that the person is authorised to do business,
- extract from the Crime Register of the country he/she is a national, and
- extract from the Crime Register of the country where the third country national has resided during last three years for the period longer than 90 days within six consecutive months,
c) financial resources for residence – by submitting a bank account balance statement for an account registered to the name of the third country national (financial resources shall be demonstrated by a third country national in the amount of subsistence minimum for each month of residence),
d) financial resourcesfor conducting business activities (this account must be different from the account referred to in letter c) – by submitting a bank account balance statement of the business account, amounting to
- twenty times the subsistence minimum,
- one hundred times the subsistence minimum
e) provision of accommodation (the title deed or the extract from the title deed of the Real Estate Register issued in favour of the foreigner, lease contract, confirmation of the accommodation facility etc.).
Administrative fee for submitting an application for a temporary residence for the purpose of business is 232 €. Police department shall decide on the application for granting the temporary residence for business purposes within 90 days.
A third country national to whom has been granted a temporary residence permit shall be obliged to submit:
a) within 30 days from the receipt of the residence document:
- document confirming health insurance,
- medical report confirming that he/she does not suffer from any disease which could threaten public health.
b) within 60 daysfrom the receipt of the residence document:
- an extract from the Companies Register of a natural person – entrepreneur, trading company which were included in the application.
We are glad to provide you our services.